Investigation into Forest Gate car workshop fire
Part of a car repair workshop in Forest Gate was badly damaged after a fire this afternoon.
Motorists in Romford Road were diverted after flames ripped through a storage area in premises in Sprowston Mews at around 1.30pm.
The London Fire Brigade said five people left the building before the blaze took hold and there were no injuries as a result. A gas cylinder on the premises was also untouched.
The storage area contained car parts and only one car was partly damaged in the fire.
Twenty firefighters attended the scene and the incident is now under control.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election