Investigation into Forest Gate car workshop fire
Part of a car repair workshop in Forest Gate was badly damaged after a fire this afternoon.
Motorists in Romford Road were diverted after flames ripped through a storage area in premises in Sprowston Mews at around 1.30pm.
The London Fire Brigade said five people left the building before the blaze took hold and there were no injuries as a result. A gas cylinder on the premises was also untouched.
The storage area contained car parts and only one car was partly damaged in the fire.
Twenty firefighters attended the scene and the incident is now under control.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 7 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood