Investigation into Forest Gate car workshop fire
Part of a car repair workshop in Forest Gate was badly damaged after a fire this afternoon.
Motorists in Romford Road were diverted after flames ripped through a storage area in premises in Sprowston Mews at around 1.30pm.
The London Fire Brigade said five people left the building before the blaze took hold and there were no injuries as a result. A gas cylinder on the premises was also untouched.
The storage area contained car parts and only one car was partly damaged in the fire.
Twenty firefighters attended the scene and the incident is now under control.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber