International stars take the the skies
West Ham United’s international contingent will clock up the air miles this week.
The club have six players jetting off to all corners of the world to represent their respective countries – with some set to return with barely enough time to train before the Hammers’ next match against Southampton on Saturday, October 20.
Andy Carroll is in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the Three Lions’ two World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Poland.
Guy Demel and Mohamed Diame could face one another when Senegal host Ivory Coast in a vital African Cup of Nations qualifier, with the Ivorians 4-2 up from the first leg.
Modibo Maiga is in the Mali squad for their qualification match in Botswana – Maiga’s men hold a 3-0 advantage from the first leg, in which the West Ham forward was on target.
West Ham youngster Kieran Sadlier has been selected for the Republic of Ireland squad for their Under-19 Championship qualifying round mini-group in Luxembourg, which takes place from October 11-16.
Ireland will face hosts Luxembourg, followed by FYR Macedonia and Germany.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 London among areas where drought is declared
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 5 Two guilty of killing rapper who featured in BBC teen knife crime documentary
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 8 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
- 9 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 10 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
Goalkeeper Raphael Spiegel has been included by Switzerland for their under-20s friendly with Poland.
Academy midfielder Taylor Tombides recently appeared for Australia at the AFC under-16 Championship in Iran.
However, the Australian’s hopes of reaching the next Under-17 World Cup were dashed by a 5-1 quarter-final defeat to the host nation in Tehran.