Insight offered into buying or letting Olympic Park homes
Londoners thinking about buying or letting property in London’s newest postcode can get a valuable insight at a show to be held at the Hilton Hotel in October.
Triathlon Homes promises to provide potential buyers and tenants an exclusive guide to buying and renting a home in E20 at the East London Affordable Homes Show in Canary Wharf, on October 13.
Organised by Metropolitan’s FIRST STEPS team who deliver the Mayor’s free service for first time buyers, the show is expected to attract thousands.
With housing associations and financial advisors on hand, the show will share practical tips on buying a home for less than the market rent.
Jim Munson, Metropolitan’s Head of Marketing & Customer Care, said: “Our job is to help raise awareness of low cost home ownership and renting options and make the process of home-buying a clear and smooth journey. Our shows and events are a great way for Londoners taking their first steps into home ownership to talk to experts from a range of housing providers and find out more about what’s available. It is fantastic that we have representatives from East Village attending which will give Londoners on average incomes a golden opportunity to buy a home affordably in London’s most exciting new neighbourhood.”
You may also want to watch:
Jim said shared ownership is not just for key workers.
Priority for FIRST STEPS shared ownership goes to those who are currently housing or council housing association tenants as well as qualifying MoD staff. But if you don’t fall into this category, apply anyway at www.firststepslondon.org if you’re interested as most FIRST STEPS shared ownership buyers either rent privately or live with family and friends.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
Entry to the show is free but those interested in attending are urged to pre-register for a ticket at www.affordablehomesshow.co.u