Inquest adjourned into unidentified man found dead in Beckton
Inquest opened into man found murdered
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into an undentified man following the discovery of a body in undergrowth.
The unusual hearing inquest was adjourned at Walthamstow Coroner’s after police revealed the death has now become a murder inquiry.
Officers were called after a member of the public made the grisly discovery at just after 3.20pm last Saturday August 18. It was on wasteland off Spur Road and Jenkins Lane by the A13 Newham Way, near the Showcase Cinema and restaurants in Beckton.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the body is believed to be that of a Lithuanian male aged in his late 40’s.
You may also want to watch:
“We await formal identification. Next of kin are yet to be made aware,” a spokesman said
A post-mortem was carried out at Walthamstow Mortuary. A formal cause of death has not yet been established due to the state of decomposition.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
But it has been revealed there was blunt trauma to the head which resulted in significant injuries.