Inquest adjourned into unidentified man found dead in Beckton
Inquest opened into man found murdered
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into an undentified man following the discovery of a body in undergrowth.
The unusual hearing inquest was adjourned at Walthamstow Coroner’s after police revealed the death has now become a murder inquiry.
Officers were called after a member of the public made the grisly discovery at just after 3.20pm last Saturday August 18. It was on wasteland off Spur Road and Jenkins Lane by the A13 Newham Way, near the Showcase Cinema and restaurants in Beckton.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the body is believed to be that of a Lithuanian male aged in his late 40’s.
You may also want to watch:
“We await formal identification. Next of kin are yet to be made aware,” a spokesman said
A post-mortem was carried out at Walthamstow Mortuary. A formal cause of death has not yet been established due to the state of decomposition.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
But it has been revealed there was blunt trauma to the head which resulted in significant injuries.