Inquest adjourned into unidentified man found dead in Beckton
Inquest opened into man found murdered
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into an undentified man following the discovery of a body in undergrowth.
The unusual hearing inquest was adjourned at Walthamstow Coroner’s after police revealed the death has now become a murder inquiry.
Officers were called after a member of the public made the grisly discovery at just after 3.20pm last Saturday August 18. It was on wasteland off Spur Road and Jenkins Lane by the A13 Newham Way, near the Showcase Cinema and restaurants in Beckton.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the body is believed to be that of a Lithuanian male aged in his late 40’s.
“We await formal identification. Next of kin are yet to be made aware,” a spokesman said
A post-mortem was carried out at Walthamstow Mortuary. A formal cause of death has not yet been established due to the state of decomposition.
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
But it has been revealed there was blunt trauma to the head which resulted in significant injuries.