In the pink for awareness campaign
IT was all one colour at Newham Hospital’s Breast Unit as staff, patients and visitors donned all shades of pink to raise almost �700 to support their work.
The team, helped by the X-ray department, held a funds and awareness raising stall to promote breast screening.
Their efforts will go towards providing help, support or gifts for the patients and beat their previous best total.
Staff donated �1 to wear pink, sold pink cakes and ribbons, and held a raffle with prizes.
Gillian Constance, Nurse Specialist, said the team were overwhelmed by the generosity shown. She said: “In a time of recession, Newham really did shine through more than ever.”
You may also want to watch:
She advised women to be breast aware especially over the age of 50 and seek treatment promptly if they have any concerns.
Pictured: NHS supporters
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss