In the pink for awareness campaign
IT was all one colour at Newham Hospital’s Breast Unit as staff, patients and visitors donned all shades of pink to raise almost �700 to support their work.
The team, helped by the X-ray department, held a funds and awareness raising stall to promote breast screening.
Their efforts will go towards providing help, support or gifts for the patients and beat their previous best total.
Staff donated �1 to wear pink, sold pink cakes and ribbons, and held a raffle with prizes.
Gillian Constance, Nurse Specialist, said the team were overwhelmed by the generosity shown. She said: “In a time of recession, Newham really did shine through more than ever.”
You may also want to watch:
She advised women to be breast aware especially over the age of 50 and seek treatment promptly if they have any concerns.
Pictured: NHS supporters
- 1 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order