In the pink for awareness campaign
IT was all one colour at Newham Hospital’s Breast Unit as staff, patients and visitors donned all shades of pink to raise almost �700 to support their work.
The team, helped by the X-ray department, held a funds and awareness raising stall to promote breast screening.
Their efforts will go towards providing help, support or gifts for the patients and beat their previous best total.
Staff donated �1 to wear pink, sold pink cakes and ribbons, and held a raffle with prizes.
Gillian Constance, Nurse Specialist, said the team were overwhelmed by the generosity shown. She said: “In a time of recession, Newham really did shine through more than ever.”
You may also want to watch:
She advised women to be breast aware especially over the age of 50 and seek treatment promptly if they have any concerns.
Pictured: NHS supporters
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections