Improvement in GCSE results for Rokeby School
- Credit: Grant Leppard
Four brainy boys at Rokeby School managed to achieve ten or more GCSEs at A and A*.
Head boy Shadman Rafid managed to notch up 11 top level GCSEs, while Abed Akond, Mihails Laskovs and Umar Choudhury also did exceptionally well.
The Barking Road school saw a 14 per cent improvement in results this year, with 52pc of boys gaining five or more GCSEs at A*-C including English and maths.
Head Charlotte Robinson said: “This is a fantastic achievement for all students and staff.
“They have all worked very hard to gain these results. We wish the boys every success for their future”.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding