I wanna be crowned Newham Young Mayor
Polling station will be open at schools and colleges in the borough next Tuesday (October 23), and East Ham and Stratford Town Halls. The winner will be announced the following day.
Projects run by the current Young Mayor, Abraham Male, included a master-class with film director Danny Boyle, a cooking contest, a clean up campaign, and photography competitions.
He said: “This year’s Young Mayor has a chance to develop initiatives that will really make a difference to young people in Newham.
“I worked hard with LOCOG in the build up and during the Olympic Games, and the next Young Mayor will have the opportunity to work on the lasting impact and legacy the Games have left in Newham.
“More than a quarter of our population is made up of young people and it’s important they have a say on the future of the borough.”
You may also want to watch:
The 23 candidates are:
Kwesi Adarkwa, Jennifer Adeyemo, Salim Al-Myman, Munaib Chowdhury, Monisha Datta, Rebekah Dike, Malcolm Ebose, Nuria Fernandes, Trieu Ho, Rahela Islam, Dina Khatun, Matilda Lulendo, Iqra Mahmood, Kwaku Mason, Hayley Mulenda, Olivia Murray, Tracey Ngahane, Faheema Oughradar, Suraj Patel, Rania Ramil, Imran Suleiman, Yusra Tirlow and Adam Tribeche
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
Voters have to be aged 11 to 18 years and either live, work or study in Newham.
Visit www.newham.gov.uk/youngmayor for information on individual candidates.