Hunt for escaped killer Boye stepped up with £10,000 reward
- Credit: Met Police
Police are offering a reward up to £10,000 in their hunt for convicted murderer Lerone Boye who has been on the run in east London since October.
The 27-year-old is known to have links in Newham, Barking and Ilford and may still be in east London, detectives believe.
He absconded from the John Howard Centre in Homerton and was last seen on October 16 wearing a grey-blue sweatshirt with a grey vest and grey jogging bottoms, Scotland Yard confirmed.
Boye is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, slim build, with a distinctive horseshoe-shape scar on his right cheek and a gold tooth, short hair and a goatee beard.
He was sentenced in December, 2012, to 28 years for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford in 2011.
The public is being advised not to approach him, but to call 999.
The reward being offered is for information that would lead to his arrest. Police are appealing to anyone who may know his whereabouts to call 020-8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 2 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 9 Newham residents urged to shop local on Small Business Saturday
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped