Hunt for escaped killer Boye stepped up with £10,000 reward
- Credit: Met Police
Police are offering a reward up to £10,000 in their hunt for convicted murderer Lerone Boye who has been on the run in east London since October.
The 27-year-old is known to have links in Newham, Barking and Ilford and may still be in east London, detectives believe.
He absconded from the John Howard Centre in Homerton and was last seen on October 16 wearing a grey-blue sweatshirt with a grey vest and grey jogging bottoms, Scotland Yard confirmed.
Boye is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, slim build, with a distinctive horseshoe-shape scar on his right cheek and a gold tooth, short hair and a goatee beard.
He was sentenced in December, 2012, to 28 years for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
The public is being advised not to approach him, but to call 999.
The reward being offered is for information that would lead to his arrest. Police are appealing to anyone who may know his whereabouts to call 020-8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years