Hunt for escaped killer Boye stepped up with £10,000 reward
- Credit: Met Police
Police are offering a reward up to £10,000 in their hunt for convicted murderer Lerone Boye who has been on the run in east London since October.
The 27-year-old is known to have links in Newham, Barking and Ilford and may still be in east London, detectives believe.
He absconded from the John Howard Centre in Homerton and was last seen on October 16 wearing a grey-blue sweatshirt with a grey vest and grey jogging bottoms, Scotland Yard confirmed.
Boye is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, slim build, with a distinctive horseshoe-shape scar on his right cheek and a gold tooth, short hair and a goatee beard.
He was sentenced in December, 2012, to 28 years for the murder of 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
The public is being advised not to approach him, but to call 999.
The reward being offered is for information that would lead to his arrest. Police are appealing to anyone who may know his whereabouts to call 020-8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park