Hundreds see Kevin McCloud open Grand Designs
“An Englishman’s home is his castle” and although castles may be few and far between, its clear that making the best of their homes is a major occupation for many.
Thousands of DIY fans and home lovers are descending on the ExCeL exhibition centtre in Custom House for this year’s Grand Designs Live.
The show was opened by design guru Kevin McCloud who also presents the Channel 4 TV series.
Hundreds of visitors queued on Saturday morning for the chance to see the latest gadgets and technologies from more than 500 exhibitors, all offering innovative ideas for every room in your home.
In addition to cookery demonstrations, this year’s show also included Kevin McCloud’s selection of the best eco-innovations on the market.
You may also want to watch:
As the face of the Grand Designs brand, Kevin McCloud has documented hundreds of buildings over the past two decades. This has given Kevin an enormously wide knowledge of materials, the latest technologies and new sustainable practices out there in the construction market, making him a touchstone for innovative ideas and inventive products.
The show runs until May 13.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines