Hundreds see Kevin McCloud open Grand Designs
“An Englishman’s home is his castle” and although castles may be few and far between, its clear that making the best of their homes is a major occupation for many.
Thousands of DIY fans and home lovers are descending on the ExCeL exhibition centtre in Custom House for this year’s Grand Designs Live.
The show was opened by design guru Kevin McCloud who also presents the Channel 4 TV series.
Hundreds of visitors queued on Saturday morning for the chance to see the latest gadgets and technologies from more than 500 exhibitors, all offering innovative ideas for every room in your home.
In addition to cookery demonstrations, this year’s show also included Kevin McCloud’s selection of the best eco-innovations on the market.
You may also want to watch:
As the face of the Grand Designs brand, Kevin McCloud has documented hundreds of buildings over the past two decades. This has given Kevin an enormously wide knowledge of materials, the latest technologies and new sustainable practices out there in the construction market, making him a touchstone for innovative ideas and inventive products.
The show runs until May 13.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation