Hundreds queue to see Justin Bieber
Bieber fever has hit Newham as hundreds of fans of the teenage star are gathering in Westfield for a chance to see him switch on the Christmas lights at the shopping centre tonight.
A source at Westfield said people eager to see global superstar Justin Bieber began arriving at the shopping centre at 2am for special wristbands. A total of 2,580 had all been distributed by 7am. They will give fans access to three designated viewing areas.
Thousands of die-hard Bieber fans are expected see him arrive by helicopter in Stratford for the switch on at 7.45pm. It will be accompanied by fireworks.
In preparation for the noise and screams from excited fans, residents at the Premier Inn hotel at Westfield have been given complimentary earplugs to make sure their sleep isn’t disturbed by the show.
The Canadian star, who was born in Stratford, Ontario in Canada, will be introduced by Radio 1DJ Reggie Yates and will be performing four of his hits.
You may also want to watch:
Last night, he picked up prizes for best male and pop singer at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast at an event hosted by his girl friend Selena Gomez.
He is launching his new Christmas album, Under the Mistletoe.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation