Hundreds queue to see Justin Bieber
Bieber fever has hit Newham as hundreds of fans of the teenage star are gathering in Westfield for a chance to see him switch on the Christmas lights at the shopping centre tonight.
A source at Westfield said people eager to see global superstar Justin Bieber began arriving at the shopping centre at 2am for special wristbands. A total of 2,580 had all been distributed by 7am. They will give fans access to three designated viewing areas.
Thousands of die-hard Bieber fans are expected see him arrive by helicopter in Stratford for the switch on at 7.45pm. It will be accompanied by fireworks.
In preparation for the noise and screams from excited fans, residents at the Premier Inn hotel at Westfield have been given complimentary earplugs to make sure their sleep isn’t disturbed by the show.
The Canadian star, who was born in Stratford, Ontario in Canada, will be introduced by Radio 1DJ Reggie Yates and will be performing four of his hits.
Last night, he picked up prizes for best male and pop singer at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast at an event hosted by his girl friend Selena Gomez.
He is launching his new Christmas album, Under the Mistletoe.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network