Hundreds queue to see Justin Bieber
Bieber fever has hit Newham as hundreds of fans of the teenage star are gathering in Westfield for a chance to see him switch on the Christmas lights at the shopping centre tonight.
A source at Westfield said people eager to see global superstar Justin Bieber began arriving at the shopping centre at 2am for special wristbands. A total of 2,580 had all been distributed by 7am. They will give fans access to three designated viewing areas.
Thousands of die-hard Bieber fans are expected see him arrive by helicopter in Stratford for the switch on at 7.45pm. It will be accompanied by fireworks.
In preparation for the noise and screams from excited fans, residents at the Premier Inn hotel at Westfield have been given complimentary earplugs to make sure their sleep isn’t disturbed by the show.
The Canadian star, who was born in Stratford, Ontario in Canada, will be introduced by Radio 1DJ Reggie Yates and will be performing four of his hits.
You may also want to watch:
Last night, he picked up prizes for best male and pop singer at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Belfast at an event hosted by his girl friend Selena Gomez.
He is launching his new Christmas album, Under the Mistletoe.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham