Woman, 67, killed after being hit by lorry in East Ham
- Credit: Ken Mears
A woman has died after being hit by a lorry in Barking Road, East Ham.
Emergency services attended but the pedestrian, aged 67, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 2pm today. Her next of kin have been informed.
The driver stopped at the scene, near the junction with High Street North and High Street South, and is assisting police with their enquiries.
The Met Police has said the junction is likely to remain closed for several hours.
Buses are on diversion and passengers looking to travel to East Ham should speak to their driver before boarding.
More to follow.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 8 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 9 Steven Fry: Canning Town man accused of murder to stand trial
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021