Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A Canning Town house fire thought to have involved a freezer has prompted safety warnings over white goods.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called to the maisonette fire last night (December 7) at 6.31pm.
Part of the basement of the split-level maisonette on Ordnance Road was damaged by fire.
Two people left the building before the brigade arrived and there were no reports of any injuries.
The fire is believed to have been accidental and involved a freezer.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “If your white goods start making a strange noise, don’t ignore it.
"If you think there’s a problem always unplug it and contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
"Most fires where white goods are the source of ignition are not down to anything you have done – so always make sure you register your appliances as you’ll be informed if any issues are identified with the product you’ve bought."