Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- Credit: Google Maps
Interested in what developments could be coming to the borough?
Take a look at our round-up of applications received or determined by Newham Council over the past 30 days.
Please note that this list is non-exhaustive - further information is available on the council's planning portal.
What: This application seeks to demolish the existing rear extension of this building to erect a new five-storey extension to provide eight flats.
Where: 2 High Street South, East Ham, E6 6EU
When: Application validated - April 26
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Antonio hopes short summer break helps West Ham bid
- 7 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 9 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 10 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
Further information: An existing five-bedroom flat would be retained as part of the plans.
The new units would be comprised of four one-bedroom, two two-bedroom and two three-bedroom flats.
What: This application aims to convert this defunct medical surgery in Plaistow into two flats; one two-bedroom, the other one-bedroom.
Where: 12 Esk Road, Plaistow, E13 8LJ
When: Application validated - April 28
Further information: The Esk Road Medical Centre closed on September 30 last year; the surgery's patients were dispersed to other local practices.
What: This application is to change the use of a retail unit on the ground floor of this building into a restaurant.
Where: 2 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 3BP
When: Application approved - May 10
Further information: This site sits opposite the Boleyn Public House, which is designated as a Grade II Listed Building.
What: This application seeks to demolish the existing units to erect a new three-storey building comprised of two retail units and three residential dwellings.
Where: 113-117 Woodgrange Road, Forest Gate, E7 0EP
When: Application approved - May 12
Further information: The three residential dwellings will be made up of two studios and one three-bedroom flat.