House scheme gives buyers design control
- Credit: Archant
Nine “custom builds” are being constructed in Vandome Close
The East Thames Housing Association project us in partnership with Make Architects and Newham Council.
Customers moving to the site will have design control over floor plans, numbers of rooms and fittings.
Boris Johnson’s Build Your Own Home project boosted the scheme with a loan of £1,900,000.
Deputy mayor for housing Richard Blakeway said the site will bring a major boost to the community.
And Newham Council cabinet member for regeneration Ken Clark said it will be a welcome addition to the area.
“This development is a wonderful opportunity that will meet residents’ unique needs and requirements,” he said. “We hope that this will become a template for future house-building schemes.”
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network