House badly damaged in early morning Beckton fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A house in Beckton was badly damaged after a blaze broke out in the early hours today (Friday, January 19).
London Fire Brigade was called to the end-of-terrace house in Caspian Walk just after 2.30am.
The ground floor was destroyed and part of the first floor was damaged by the fire, which was under control by about 3.45am.
There were no reported injuries.
Leading fiirefighter Adam Bottomley, who was at the scene, said: “On arrival, crews were faced with fire and smoke coming out of the ground floor windows of the house.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews worked quickly to bring the fire under control. Thankfully, no one was hurt.”
The cause of the fire being investigated by the brigade and Met Police.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 4 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick
- 9 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 10 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight