Hotel staff get walking for Beckton children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
Four hotel staff are competing against each other in a step challenge to raise money for children with life-limiting illnesses.
Manager of Holiday Inn Stratford City Ben Swindells, conference and events sales manager Richard Bartfield, facilities manager Jakub Wawrzyniak, and executive housekeeper Prolet Gale are strapping pedometers to themselves to record every step they take while working for a week.
The person who has taken the most steps will take home a trophy and the hotel, currently celebrating its first birthday in Stratford, will make a donation to Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Richard House Drive, Beckton.
Manager Ben said: “Being located on the door step of The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park the team has always made us feel very sporty so this is the perfect challenge.
“We are very excited at the concept of competing against one another this week. I’m sure it will be a close call between housekeeping and meetings, but I’m guessing everyone will be avoiding the lifts where ever possible this week.”
You may also want to watch:
The employees are updating a live feed with their progress via Twitter @HIstratfordcity and Facebook at www.facebook.com/histratfordcity.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 7 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation