Roof terrace fire at hotel in Stratford
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Firefighters were called to a blaze on a hotel's roof terrace in Stratford.
The fire at the International Way venue, which also has a restaurant, happened at around 6pm on Sunday (May 2).
No-one was injured, a London Fire Brigade (LFB) spokesperson said.
A cooking range and extractor unit in a self-contained kitchen on the roof terrace were damaged by the fire, which LFB took 12 calls to.
The blaze was brought under control just before 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The LFB spokesperson added: "The brigade's fire investigators believe the fire was accidental and was caused by a fault in the control unit for the extraction system."
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation