Hospice in Beckton looking for volunteers for Dragon Boat Race and charity walk
- Credit: Kevin Dunnett
Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton is looking for fundraisers to take part in the Dragon Board Race and a walk from Canary Wharf.
The boat race takes place at The Docklands Sailing and Water Sports Centre on May 23.
The Quest, a 12 mile walk to Bloomsbury Square, on June 2 will take in some of the UK’s most famous museums with participants being challenged with a fun trivia question. Registration for The Quest is £15.
Registration for the Dragon Boat Race costs £50 per person and includes a barbecue buffet. The boat holds 10 people and there is a minimum sponsorship of £100 per person.
Registration for The Quest is £15.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to register contact Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230, email email@example.com or visit http://richardhouse.org.uk/event.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services