Hospice in Beckton looking for volunteers for Dragon Boat Race and charity walk
- Credit: Kevin Dunnett
Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton is looking for fundraisers to take part in the Dragon Board Race and a walk from Canary Wharf.
The boat race takes place at The Docklands Sailing and Water Sports Centre on May 23.
The Quest, a 12 mile walk to Bloomsbury Square, on June 2 will take in some of the UK’s most famous museums with participants being challenged with a fun trivia question. Registration for The Quest is £15.
Registration for the Dragon Boat Race costs £50 per person and includes a barbecue buffet. The boat holds 10 people and there is a minimum sponsorship of £100 per person.
Registration for The Quest is £15.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to register contact Ben Alonso on 020 7540 0230, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://richardhouse.org.uk/event.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration