Hong Kong Boat Festival returns to Royal Docks
- Credit: Archant
The London Regatta Centre will be hosting the 19th Hong Kong Boat Festival on Sunday, June 29.
The event, organised by the London Chinatown Lions Club, will include a boat race with four cups up for grabs.
There will also be live music with two festival stages showcasing new music for the east and west, martial arts displays, raffles, traditional Chinese lion dancing and a food festival offering flavours of Eastern Asia.
It will take place between 10am and 6pm at the Royal Docks.
Last year’s event saw 10,000 people turn up to enjoy the fun.
To enter a dragon boat into the race, visit dragonboatfestival.co.uk
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network