Homes and playpark could replace Marshgate Business Centre
- Credit: Archant
A play park, 300 new homes and flexible employment space will be among the plans unveiled for a Newham business centre during a public consulation which begins tomorrow.
The mainly vacant Marshgate Business Centre, in Marshgate Lane, would also house landscaped areas by Bow Back river, new pedestrian routes and a publicly accessible towpath under the proposals from Workspace, who own the site.
Currently many of the buildings at the business centre are in poor condition and beyond their economic life.
A number of the units are also empty and unsuitable for potential customers and local businesses.
Members of the public can share their views and comments tomorrow, Friday and Saturday before a formal application is made to the London Legacy Development Corporation later in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
*The public exhibition is open in unit one of the business centre tomorrow from 4pm to 8pm, Friday from 1pm to 5pm and Saturday from 11am to 3pm.
For more information visit www.marshgatebusinesscentre.co.uk
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work