Home comforts could change Orient’s season
The next two matches will have a massive impact as O’s look to climb the table
ORIENT entertain Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons in the space of four days — and those two matches will have a massive impact on their season.
The club currently sit two points above the drop zone, but there is a quiet optimism in the dressing room that Orient could have a say at the other end of the table.
The players might not admit to it publicly, but they believe there is enough ability in the squad for them to be knocking on the door of the top six.
The O’s have lost just one of their last 12 games and go into Saturday’s game against Wednesday eight points off the play-offs and have games in hand against most of the sides above them.
You may also want to watch:
But, more importantly, most of the catch-up fixtures are at Brisbane Road, where the O’s have lost just two league games this season.
The O’s have played 13 away games, but only nine at home and Russell Slade’s side have 14 more matches at the Matchroom to cram in before the end of the season, including most of the sides near the foot of the table.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
“We have some crucial games coming up and if we do well it could give us a real springboard,” admitted manager Russell Slade.
“We have a run of home games and our form at the Matchroom has been good and we need to cash in on those matches.”