Holi Festival returns to Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Bring your summer to a colourful end with a popular Indian-inspired event this week.
The Holi Festival is heading back to Stratford for the second year running.
The event, also known as the Festival of Colours, will take place at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on September 12 following a successful run last year.
Guests can look forward to music from a host of talented stars including Nervo, Booka Shade, Dubvision and Bombay Boogie Soundsystem, while throwing colour into crowds of party-goers.
The hindu-inspired festival is organised by Germany based company Holi Concept GmbH.
It was first introduced by Jasper Hellman who had the idea to bring the traditional spring-time Indian festival to Europe after travelling to north India in 2011 and taking part in the festival where people celebrate good over bad and the beginning of a new season.
A year later, the first ever European Holi Festival was held in Berlin with thousands of people attending.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
The event has since branched out to Europe and the rest of the world, visiting large cities, including Abu Dhabi, San Salvador, Mexico City and Melbourne.
Tickets for the colourful and popular event are being sold in three separate categories.
This includes The Single Festival Ticket, the Holi Colour Package, and the Holi Fan Package.
The event will take place at the Olympic Park from 12pm on Saturday.
For more information visit holifestival.com