HMV’s Stratford and Beckton stores spared the axe
HMV stores in Stratford and Beckton have been spared the axe, bosses have confirmed.
The troubled retailer is set to close up to 40 UK stores this year as it struggles to cope with the economic downturn.
The first wave of branches closed earlier this month and more are set to follow. The Ilford store is due to close today.
HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo confirmed there were no immediate plans to close the two Newham stores.
He said: “We have identified some stores that closed last week and obviously there will be a few more over the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking at stores where we duplicate our offering locally. This in no way signals any retreat from the high street.
“There are no immediate plans for announcements in relation to the Stratford and Beckton branches. But that doesn’t mean they may not be reviewed at some point. We can’t rule anything out categorically.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate