HMV’s Stratford and Beckton stores spared the axe
HMV stores in Stratford and Beckton have been spared the axe, bosses have confirmed.
The troubled retailer is set to close up to 40 UK stores this year as it struggles to cope with the economic downturn.
The first wave of branches closed earlier this month and more are set to follow. The Ilford store is due to close today.
HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo confirmed there were no immediate plans to close the two Newham stores.
He said: “We have identified some stores that closed last week and obviously there will be a few more over the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking at stores where we duplicate our offering locally. This in no way signals any retreat from the high street.
“There are no immediate plans for announcements in relation to the Stratford and Beckton branches. But that doesn’t mean they may not be reviewed at some point. We can’t rule anything out categorically.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final