Hitzlsperger injury is Hammer blow for Grant
West Ham boss Avram Grant has revealed that German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger was just days a way from a return before injury put him out for four months.
WEST HAM were rocked by the news last week that German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger will be out for another four months.
The 28-year-old international was back in full training and on the verge of his first game in claret and blue, when he injured his thigh once again.
Manager Avram Grant was understandably shocked by the news: “He was a key part of our project,” confirmed Grant. “He is a very intelligent player and a good professional.
“I’ve followed him for years and was very pleased that I could sign this player. He was very good in our training camp and was going to be a key man for us.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully he will be back to us soon, but he is not happy that he cannot play.
“He was close to coming back. In the beginning the doctors said it would be four weeks, then six, seven, eight weeks.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Family sends 'heartfelt thanks' after missing East Ham girl found
“It’s unfortunate for us and unfortunate for him, but we have had to do without him so far.
“Maybe he will come back quicker and when he does he’ll give us a lift, but the doctor says that might not be until February.
“Maybe I should find him a new doctor!”