Hitzlsperger injury is Hammer blow for Grant
West Ham boss Avram Grant has revealed that German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger was just days a way from a return before injury put him out for four months.
WEST HAM were rocked by the news last week that German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger will be out for another four months.
The 28-year-old international was back in full training and on the verge of his first game in claret and blue, when he injured his thigh once again.
Manager Avram Grant was understandably shocked by the news: “He was a key part of our project,” confirmed Grant. “He is a very intelligent player and a good professional.
“I’ve followed him for years and was very pleased that I could sign this player. He was very good in our training camp and was going to be a key man for us.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully he will be back to us soon, but he is not happy that he cannot play.
“He was close to coming back. In the beginning the doctors said it would be four weeks, then six, seven, eight weeks.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
“It’s unfortunate for us and unfortunate for him, but we have had to do without him so far.
“Maybe he will come back quicker and when he does he’ll give us a lift, but the doctor says that might not be until February.
“Maybe I should find him a new doctor!”