Here comes the bride: Eastlea Community School host wedding fayre
- Credit: Archant
Brides-to-be gathered for Eastlea Community School’s spring wedding fayre.
From cakes to dresses and photography suppliers showcased their goods and services to those planning their big day.
Entertainment was on hand as student Hazel Jasper sang for visitors, while former pupil Daniel Grew returned to perform magic tricks.
Students also modelled wedding clothes on a catwalk in the school’s Glasshouse hall,
Vicky Murphy, who helped organise the day, was delighted with how it went.
She said:“We must have had about 100 people going in and out throughout the day.
“We kept it fairly small because it was the first one we’ve done, with just one of each type of business.
- 1 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 2 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 3 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 7 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 8 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 9 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 10 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
“We’ve built up good relationships with the businesses and we wouldn’t rule out working with them to put on another one on in the future.”