Helping hand for Newham residents unable to keep warm
A new project has launched in Newham to help those with cold-related illnesses afford heating and insulation measures.
Foundations, a national body of home improvement and handyperson agencies, has partnered up with npower for their Health Through Warmth scheme for residents whose health is made worse by cold-living conditions such as those suffering from respiratory cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, arthritis, terminal illness, mental health problems, and mobility difficulties.
Homeowners who have no heating or a broken boiler, gas fire or other heating appliance in need of repair may be eligible for funding to install, fix or replace heating equipment.
Financial help is also available for cavity wall, loft insulation and draughtproofing for existing doors and windows.
To qualify for help, homeowners must have a cold-related illness, a low household income with little or no savings, and be unable to pay for the work themselves.
You may also want to watch:
For more information please phone Foundations 0845 864 5205 or email email@example.com
- 1 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 2 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 7 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital