Helping hand for Newham residents unable to keep warm
A new project has launched in Newham to help those with cold-related illnesses afford heating and insulation measures.
Foundations, a national body of home improvement and handyperson agencies, has partnered up with npower for their Health Through Warmth scheme for residents whose health is made worse by cold-living conditions such as those suffering from respiratory cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, arthritis, terminal illness, mental health problems, and mobility difficulties.
Homeowners who have no heating or a broken boiler, gas fire or other heating appliance in need of repair may be eligible for funding to install, fix or replace heating equipment.
Financial help is also available for cavity wall, loft insulation and draughtproofing for existing doors and windows.
To qualify for help, homeowners must have a cold-related illness, a low household income with little or no savings, and be unable to pay for the work themselves.
You may also want to watch:
For more information please phone Foundations 0845 864 5205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses