Help for job seekers
Skills event to help with jobsearch
IF YOU are facing redundancy, are out of work or just hoping to brush up your skills, then head down to the ExCeL exhibition centre next month.
The Custom House venue will be hosting Adult Skills London 2011 on February 13 and 14. It is billed as the capital’s best event for people looking for news kills.
It is free and is ideal for anyone who is out of work, threatened with redundancy, looking to return to work or just trying to improve their skills and learning.
It is far more than a job fair as it promises to promote national and regional training and career development opportunities, as well as new and exciting job prospects. National and regional employers, advisers, training and career organisations will be on hand to help Londoners develop their employability and improve their future job opportunities.
Many major organisations are committed to attending the event understanding it is now even more important than ever for the Capital’s workforce to be highly skilled, well trained and ready for work.
Andrew Coates from organisers Prospects Events is aware of the difficulties faced by many potential employees needing to update their skills
- 1 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 2 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 3 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 4 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 5 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
He said: “Employers need staff that are ready to work and well skilled, yet many people are unaware of how they can re-skill and upgrade their job and career prospects. There is a range of support available, much of which funded, but many people are not able to find this information. Visitors to Adult Skills London will be able to access expert advice easily without having to pay for expensive services.”
Adult Skills London will provide organisations with an opportunity to meet potential employees and customers. Visitors will have the opportunity to upgrade their skills and upgrade their lives.
For more information visit www.adultskills.co.uk