Help for job seekers
Skills event to help with jobsearch
IF YOU are facing redundancy, are out of work or just hoping to brush up your skills, then head down to the ExCeL exhibition centre next month.
The Custom House venue will be hosting Adult Skills London 2011 on February 13 and 14. It is billed as the capital’s best event for people looking for news kills.
It is free and is ideal for anyone who is out of work, threatened with redundancy, looking to return to work or just trying to improve their skills and learning.
It is far more than a job fair as it promises to promote national and regional training and career development opportunities, as well as new and exciting job prospects. National and regional employers, advisers, training and career organisations will be on hand to help Londoners develop their employability and improve their future job opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Many major organisations are committed to attending the event understanding it is now even more important than ever for the Capital’s workforce to be highly skilled, well trained and ready for work.
Andrew Coates from organisers Prospects Events is aware of the difficulties faced by many potential employees needing to update their skills
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
He said: “Employers need staff that are ready to work and well skilled, yet many people are unaware of how they can re-skill and upgrade their job and career prospects. There is a range of support available, much of which funded, but many people are not able to find this information. Visitors to Adult Skills London will be able to access expert advice easily without having to pay for expensive services.”
Adult Skills London will provide organisations with an opportunity to meet potential employees and customers. Visitors will have the opportunity to upgrade their skills and upgrade their lives.
For more information visit www.adultskills.co.uk