Help for job seekers
Skills event to help with jobsearch
IF YOU are facing redundancy, are out of work or just hoping to brush up your skills, then head down to the ExCeL exhibition centre next month.
The Custom House venue will be hosting Adult Skills London 2011 on February 13 and 14. It is billed as the capital’s best event for people looking for news kills.
It is free and is ideal for anyone who is out of work, threatened with redundancy, looking to return to work or just trying to improve their skills and learning.
It is far more than a job fair as it promises to promote national and regional training and career development opportunities, as well as new and exciting job prospects. National and regional employers, advisers, training and career organisations will be on hand to help Londoners develop their employability and improve their future job opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Many major organisations are committed to attending the event understanding it is now even more important than ever for the Capital’s workforce to be highly skilled, well trained and ready for work.
Andrew Coates from organisers Prospects Events is aware of the difficulties faced by many potential employees needing to update their skills
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
He said: “Employers need staff that are ready to work and well skilled, yet many people are unaware of how they can re-skill and upgrade their job and career prospects. There is a range of support available, much of which funded, but many people are not able to find this information. Visitors to Adult Skills London will be able to access expert advice easily without having to pay for expensive services.”
Adult Skills London will provide organisations with an opportunity to meet potential employees and customers. Visitors will have the opportunity to upgrade their skills and upgrade their lives.
For more information visit www.adultskills.co.uk