Help Beckton hospice find new name for mascot
- Credit: Archant
What is is soft, cute and cuddly? The new mascot at a children’s hospice of course!
Now Richard House Children’s Hospice, in Beckton needs your help in finding a name for their bear who is helping lead their Show a Little Love campaign.
The children’s hospice, which has taken in the bear, has launched a competition to find a name for the cuddly creature. It was previously a mascot at City Airport before they gave him a new home at their local hospice.
The competition is part of the hospice’s week-long Show a Little Love Valentine’s campaign which takes place from February 10 - 16.
It urges everyone to share, show and spread a little love for the hospice by volunteering, holding cake sales, taking part in dress down days and help raise funds and awareness in other ways for the hospice
The bear will also be out and about on Valentine’s Day in the Capital encouraging everyone to show a little love for Richard House. The winning name for the bear will be chosen by young adults at the hospice.
Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager, at Richard House said: “We are delighted to have been given the friendly bear, who will help to raise awareness of the work with do caring for children with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. All the bear needs now is a name, and we’re hoping people of all ages will put their thinking caps on and get involved.”
- 1 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 2 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 5 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
The winning entry will receive the cuddly little cousin of the ‘Show a Little Love’ bear to take home.
To enter you can tweet your suggestion to @richardhousech using the hashtag #nameourbear or send them to email@example.com.