Help Beckton hospice by buying its Christmas cards
Newham families are being encouraged to help a children’s hospice this festive season by buying their Christmas cards from Richard House.
The Beckton-based hospice has seven different card designs for sale with all proceeds going towards providing care for the families, young adults and children who use the hospice.
Designs include Christmas Kitten and Watching Santa Over The Rooftops as well as various paintings done by children at Richard House.
In total, some 300 families use the hospice throughout the year for parents’ respite care, daycare and, in some cases, end-of-life care.
Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager, said: “The work Richard House does is so important to families and children from across all of London, not just the East End.
You may also want to watch:
“Simply by buying your cards from us, you will be helping to fund the care and support we provide to children and young people over the Christmas period and beyond.”
To buy your Christmas cards from Richard House, visit http://www.christmas-cards.org.uk/richardhouse/
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced