Help Beckton hospice by buying its Christmas cards
Newham families are being encouraged to help a children’s hospice this festive season by buying their Christmas cards from Richard House.
The Beckton-based hospice has seven different card designs for sale with all proceeds going towards providing care for the families, young adults and children who use the hospice.
Designs include Christmas Kitten and Watching Santa Over The Rooftops as well as various paintings done by children at Richard House.
In total, some 300 families use the hospice throughout the year for parents’ respite care, daycare and, in some cases, end-of-life care.
Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager, said: “The work Richard House does is so important to families and children from across all of London, not just the East End.
You may also want to watch:
“Simply by buying your cards from us, you will be helping to fund the care and support we provide to children and young people over the Christmas period and beyond.”
To buy your Christmas cards from Richard House, visit http://www.christmas-cards.org.uk/richardhouse/
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim