Work on new outpatients department at East London hospital completed
- Credit: Archant
The final phase of work to relaunch and refurbish the outpatients department at the BMI The London Independent Hospital has been completed.
The new department on the second floor of the hospital in Stepney Green, offers improved patient waiting areas and consulting rooms to cope with the increasing needs of private and NHS patients who use the hospital.
The development of the outpatients department is the second phase of a three part development plan, which has already seen £500,000 invested in the hospital in the past year with its newly launched physiotherapy department and gym.
The new outpatient department offers improved facilities, 19 consulting rooms and bespoke facilities for specialities including cardiology, neurophysiology and gynaecology.
Work began in May 2013 with the aim of improving the environment for patients and staff. The final stage of the hospital’s development plan will make further improvements to the ground floor reception.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly Ratcliff, outpatient manager at the hospital, said: “Surroundings are vitally important to a patient’s experience and the new outpatients department at BMI The London Independent Hospital will deliver a brighter, more spacious and friendlier environment for our patients using the hospital.”
The hospital treats around 6,500 patients each year. Patients treated at the hospital are either private, self-paying, insured international or NHS. The new outpatient department will be used by consultants across a broad range of specialities from orthopaedics and gynaecology to spinal and cardiac. It will also be home to the hospital’s private GP service.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford