Work on new outpatients department at East London hospital completed
- Credit: Archant
The final phase of work to relaunch and refurbish the outpatients department at the BMI The London Independent Hospital has been completed.
The new department on the second floor of the hospital in Stepney Green, offers improved patient waiting areas and consulting rooms to cope with the increasing needs of private and NHS patients who use the hospital.
The development of the outpatients department is the second phase of a three part development plan, which has already seen £500,000 invested in the hospital in the past year with its newly launched physiotherapy department and gym.
The new outpatient department offers improved facilities, 19 consulting rooms and bespoke facilities for specialities including cardiology, neurophysiology and gynaecology.
Work began in May 2013 with the aim of improving the environment for patients and staff. The final stage of the hospital’s development plan will make further improvements to the ground floor reception.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly Ratcliff, outpatient manager at the hospital, said: “Surroundings are vitally important to a patient’s experience and the new outpatients department at BMI The London Independent Hospital will deliver a brighter, more spacious and friendlier environment for our patients using the hospital.”
The hospital treats around 6,500 patients each year. Patients treated at the hospital are either private, self-paying, insured international or NHS. The new outpatient department will be used by consultants across a broad range of specialities from orthopaedics and gynaecology to spinal and cardiac. It will also be home to the hospital’s private GP service.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing