West Ham United players visit Newham University Hospital
- Credit: West Ham United via Getty Images
West Ham United stars have helped spread some Christmas cheer at Newham University Hospital.
Winston Reid, Adrian, Simone Zaza, Michail Antonio, Ashley Fletcher and Pedro Obiang brought smiles to the faces of young children when they paid a special visit to the hospital, in Glen Road, Plaistow, on Tuesday.
The players handed over claret and blue gifts and posed for pictures as part of the club’s yearly tradition to visit the hospital just before Christmas.
Defender Winston Reid said: “It’s tough when it’s kids and you can see them struggling.
“It’s nice that we can put a smile on their face by coming into the room and giving them a gift.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something we have always been good at and this is a tradition.
“Being a father myself, I know how important it is for children.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Goalkeeper Adrian added: “It has been a pleasure to visit the young patients at Newham Hospital and bring a Christmas sparkle to them.
“For us, it is great that we have been able to give out gifts and sign autographs which put a big smile on all of their faces.”