West Ham United players visit Newham University Hospital
- Credit: West Ham United via Getty Images
West Ham United stars have helped spread some Christmas cheer at Newham University Hospital.
Winston Reid, Adrian, Simone Zaza, Michail Antonio, Ashley Fletcher and Pedro Obiang brought smiles to the faces of young children when they paid a special visit to the hospital, in Glen Road, Plaistow, on Tuesday.
The players handed over claret and blue gifts and posed for pictures as part of the club’s yearly tradition to visit the hospital just before Christmas.
Defender Winston Reid said: “It’s tough when it’s kids and you can see them struggling.
“It’s nice that we can put a smile on their face by coming into the room and giving them a gift.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something we have always been good at and this is a tradition.
“Being a father myself, I know how important it is for children.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
Goalkeeper Adrian added: “It has been a pleasure to visit the young patients at Newham Hospital and bring a Christmas sparkle to them.
“For us, it is great that we have been able to give out gifts and sign autographs which put a big smile on all of their faces.”