West Ham United players visit Newham University Hospital
- Credit: West Ham United via Getty Images
West Ham United stars have helped spread some Christmas cheer at Newham University Hospital.
Winston Reid, Adrian, Simone Zaza, Michail Antonio, Ashley Fletcher and Pedro Obiang brought smiles to the faces of young children when they paid a special visit to the hospital, in Glen Road, Plaistow, on Tuesday.
The players handed over claret and blue gifts and posed for pictures as part of the club’s yearly tradition to visit the hospital just before Christmas.
Defender Winston Reid said: “It’s tough when it’s kids and you can see them struggling.
“It’s nice that we can put a smile on their face by coming into the room and giving them a gift.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something we have always been good at and this is a tradition.
“Being a father myself, I know how important it is for children.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
Goalkeeper Adrian added: “It has been a pleasure to visit the young patients at Newham Hospital and bring a Christmas sparkle to them.
“For us, it is great that we have been able to give out gifts and sign autographs which put a big smile on all of their faces.”