West Ham United players visit Newham University Hospital
- Credit: West Ham United via Getty Images
West Ham United stars have helped spread some Christmas cheer at Newham University Hospital.
Winston Reid, Adrian, Simone Zaza, Michail Antonio, Ashley Fletcher and Pedro Obiang brought smiles to the faces of young children when they paid a special visit to the hospital, in Glen Road, Plaistow, on Tuesday.
The players handed over claret and blue gifts and posed for pictures as part of the club’s yearly tradition to visit the hospital just before Christmas.
Defender Winston Reid said: “It’s tough when it’s kids and you can see them struggling.
“It’s nice that we can put a smile on their face by coming into the room and giving them a gift.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something we have always been good at and this is a tradition.
“Being a father myself, I know how important it is for children.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
Goalkeeper Adrian added: “It has been a pleasure to visit the young patients at Newham Hospital and bring a Christmas sparkle to them.
“For us, it is great that we have been able to give out gifts and sign autographs which put a big smile on all of their faces.”