ExCeL to open as mass vaccination hub next week
Mike Bedigan, Press Association
- Credit: PA
The ExCeL in Custom House will begin operating as a mass vaccination hub next week, Downing Street has confirmed.
It is one of seven such sites across England being converted into regional centres in an attempt to meet the government target of vaccinating 14 million people UK-wide by February.
The prime minister's official spokesman said the centres are expected to be staffed with a combination of NHS staff and volunteers.
More details on how the vaccination sites will operate are expected to be revealed over the coming days.
The other venues are the Etihad Tennis Centre in Manchester, Epsom Racecourse in Surrey, Robertson House in Stevenage, the Centre for Life in Newcastle, Ashton Gate Stadium in Bristol and Millennium Point in Birmingham.
You may also want to watch:
Other facilities are under consideration. Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur have offered the use of their stadium.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections