TV chef James Martin at ExCeL caravan show
Popular TV Chef and author, James Martin, will be sharing his favourite recipes in a series of live cooking demonstrations at The Motorhome, Caravan & Camping Show at ExCeL.
The Yorkshire born chef will draw upon his own ‘meals on the move’ experiences for inspiration. He owns a Concorde Carver motorhome and has filmed an entire TV series from the kitchen of a caravan.
James will be ‘dish’ of the day in the Show’s Cookery Theatre on February 16 and 18 offering visitors a rare chance to enjoy first hand the engaging combination of cheerful banter and culinary genius that has established him as one of the nation’s best loved chefs.
The Motorhome, Caravan & Camping Show is the first major show if it’s kind in the south since 2005 and offers visitors the opportunity to see the latest new launches from all the major manufacturers and dealers.
Travel and tourism experts from across the UK and abroad will be offering destination inspiration with information on a huge choice of great value campsites, holiday parks and day-out attractions. You can also stock up on innovative new gadgets and ‘must not travel without’ essentials on sale.
The Cookery Theatre is just one the many free, interactive and entertaining features on offer at the show from February 14 to 19.
The Caravan Club is the Show’s Official Partner and will be offering free 20 minute one-to-one expert tuition on how to drive a motorhome or tow a touring caravan safely. Both rookies and experienced tourers can use the sessions to build confidence, brush-up on skills and pick-up tips. All sessions are supervised by fully qualified Caravan Club instructors and are free to try (don’t forget your driving license).
- 1 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 2 Convicted: Forest Gate man plotted contract killing of Rotterdam blogger
- 3 Men from Newham and Bow among seven jailed in organised crime crackdown
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 5 New youth hub set for Stratford Park
- 6 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 7 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 8 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 9 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 10 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
The Camping and Caravanning Club is also supporting the Show, providing free advice on choosing the best tents and camping gear according to your requirements and running a series of expert talks on how to turn your dream ‘flydrive’ holiday to far-flung destinations such as Australia, Iceland, South Africa, Argentina, Canada and the USA into reality in ‘Worldwide Escapes’.