Timms opens new maternity ward
New maternity ward opens
East Ham MP Stephen Timms cut the ribbon on Larch Ward, which has been in use since July.
In March, Mr Timms launched work on Newham University Hospital NHS Trust’s �17.5m state-of-the-art Maternity and Newborn redevelopment.
He said: “These facilities really are first class. It has been a big morale boost for the local community to see the transformation in this hospital over the last few years.”
He was joined by Kelly Arnold, mother to the first baby boy born on the unit, and her son Isaac.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Being in Larch Ward was like being in a hotel and it had a big buzz around it.
“I was lucky to be one of the first mums to use it and now I say to my friends how lucky they are to be giving birth there.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
The opening was also attended by Michaela Morris, the Trust’s Interim Chief Executive; Christine Pidgeon, Director of Nursing and Midwifery; Hugh Steward, Director of Environment and Client Services, and Andrew Osborne, Deputy Chairman of Osborne (parent company of the Trust’s building partner Medicinq Osborne.