Coronavirus: Theatre Royal Stratford East closed until further notice
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal Stratford East will be closed until further notice due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Artistic director Nadia Fall said that the decision had been made “with a heavy heart” following government advice.
She said: “In these extraordinary and anxious times, we have been in constant discussion with our staff, artists and theatre colleagues across the country.
“The wellbeing of both our staff and the wider community is our biggest priority.
“Theatre Royal Stratford East is a beloved cornerstone of the community as well as the London theatre landscape and we are determined to survive this closure and to return with gusto, with new and exciting shows to entertain you all when this is all over!
You may also want to watch:
“If you feel able to donate to the theatre at this time, your support would mean a lot and go a long way to ensuring that we survive.”
All remaining performances of the current play, I Think We Are Alone, have been cancelled and those who have booked tickets will be contacted by the theatre in the coming days.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0