Coronavirus: Theatre Royal Stratford East closed until further notice
- Credit: Archant
Theatre Royal Stratford East will be closed until further notice due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Artistic director Nadia Fall said that the decision had been made “with a heavy heart” following government advice.
She said: “In these extraordinary and anxious times, we have been in constant discussion with our staff, artists and theatre colleagues across the country.
“The wellbeing of both our staff and the wider community is our biggest priority.
“Theatre Royal Stratford East is a beloved cornerstone of the community as well as the London theatre landscape and we are determined to survive this closure and to return with gusto, with new and exciting shows to entertain you all when this is all over!
You may also want to watch:
“If you feel able to donate to the theatre at this time, your support would mean a lot and go a long way to ensuring that we survive.”
All remaining performances of the current play, I Think We Are Alone, have been cancelled and those who have booked tickets will be contacted by the theatre in the coming days.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work