Storytellers entertain young patients at Newham University Hospital
- Credit: Barts Health
Young patients enjoyed a fairytale treat when a performing arts group visited Newham University Hospital.
The children and their families watched a show by Starlight Storytellers, which featured a combination of popular stories The Wizard of Oz, The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast.
Hamera Elahi, healthcare play specialist at the Rainbow Centre, said: “All the children had an amazing time watching the show and the songs were great.
“This was the first time we have had the storytellers’ production on the ward and it got all the children out of their beds and enjoying themselves.”
The four performers to visit the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital tour children’s wards around the country, aiming to bringing a smile to the faces of sick youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
The tour is organised by Starlight Children’s Foundation, a charity which grants wishes to children suffering from a life-threatening illness.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19