Storytellers entertain young patients at Newham University Hospital
- Credit: Barts Health
Young patients enjoyed a fairytale treat when a performing arts group visited Newham University Hospital.
The children and their families watched a show by Starlight Storytellers, which featured a combination of popular stories The Wizard of Oz, The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast.
Hamera Elahi, healthcare play specialist at the Rainbow Centre, said: “All the children had an amazing time watching the show and the songs were great.
“This was the first time we have had the storytellers’ production on the ward and it got all the children out of their beds and enjoying themselves.”
The four performers to visit the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital tour children’s wards around the country, aiming to bringing a smile to the faces of sick youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
The tour is organised by Starlight Children’s Foundation, a charity which grants wishes to children suffering from a life-threatening illness.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing