Storytellers entertain young patients at Newham University Hospital
- Credit: Barts Health
Young patients enjoyed a fairytale treat when a performing arts group visited Newham University Hospital.
The children and their families watched a show by Starlight Storytellers, which featured a combination of popular stories The Wizard of Oz, The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast.
Hamera Elahi, healthcare play specialist at the Rainbow Centre, said: “All the children had an amazing time watching the show and the songs were great.
“This was the first time we have had the storytellers’ production on the ward and it got all the children out of their beds and enjoying themselves.”
The four performers to visit the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital tour children’s wards around the country, aiming to bringing a smile to the faces of sick youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
The tour is organised by Starlight Children’s Foundation, a charity which grants wishes to children suffering from a life-threatening illness.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections