Storytellers entertain young patients at Newham University Hospital
- Credit: Barts Health
Young patients enjoyed a fairytale treat when a performing arts group visited Newham University Hospital.
The children and their families watched a show by Starlight Storytellers, which featured a combination of popular stories The Wizard of Oz, The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast.
Hamera Elahi, healthcare play specialist at the Rainbow Centre, said: “All the children had an amazing time watching the show and the songs were great.
“This was the first time we have had the storytellers’ production on the ward and it got all the children out of their beds and enjoying themselves.”
The four performers to visit the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital tour children’s wards around the country, aiming to bringing a smile to the faces of sick youngsters.
The tour is organised by Starlight Children’s Foundation, a charity which grants wishes to children suffering from a life-threatening illness.
- 1 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Play gives young people insight on violence against women
- 7 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 8 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Harry Smith and Aaron Drinan forming a strong partnership for Leyton Orient