Stepney Green hospital staff back campaign to get people moving
Staff at an independent hospital are backing a national campaign to encourage people to move more and lead healthier lives.
The team at BMI The London Independent Hospital in Stepney Green are supporting the Big Health Pledge campaign and are backing Move More as part of the national awareness campaign that aims to encourage people to take small steps towards a healthier life.
A team from the hospital, made up of Executive Director Kirsty Baker, Director of Clinical Services Laura Eviston, PA Rebecca Ryder, International Liason Officer Ahmed Mousa, Quality and Risk Manager Justin Eastbury and Commercial Finance Manager Marco Hilario, are recording their activity during the campaign and aim to walk the equivalent of the length of England (398.65 miles).
The Big Health Pledge is a national campaign, launched earlier this year, to raise awareness around the UK’s top five preventable killers by encouraging residents to make a pledge to improve their health.
Laura Eviston, director of clinical services, said: “We are supporting the Big Health Pledge campaign to raise awareness around the easy and manageable steps people can take to help them on a road to a healthier lifestyle. We decided on the virtual target of the length of England to motivate people and help them realise how a little bit of exercise, taken each day, can build up and make a positive difference to their lives.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all aware of what we need to do to live a healthier, longer life and the Big Health Pledge will hopefully encourage the Tower Hamlet community to get involved and make a pledge to improve their health.”
For more information on the campaign or to make a health pledge please visit: www.bmibighealthpledge.co.uk
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks