London City Airport awarded international accreditation for Covid-19 health standards
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport (LCA) has received international accreditation for its health standards in the pandemic.
The travel hub in Royal Docks is the second in the UK to be awarded certification from Airports Council International (ACI).
ACI’s health accreditation programme, introduced as a result of the pandemic, recognises airports with world-leading health and safety practices.
Measures introduced at LCA include non-contact, automatic temperature checking technology for rapid screening and advanced crowd monitoring technology.
Chief operating officer Alison FitzGerald said: “This is recognition of our unwavering commitment to keeping our airport Covid secure and to deliver a clean airport environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Looking ahead, we stand ready to do more.
“As soon as we receive the green light from government, we are ready to implement a testing regime on site.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings