London City Airport awarded international accreditation for Covid-19 health standards
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport (LCA) has received international accreditation for its health standards in the pandemic.
The travel hub in Royal Docks is the second in the UK to be awarded certification from Airports Council International (ACI).
ACI’s health accreditation programme, introduced as a result of the pandemic, recognises airports with world-leading health and safety practices.
Measures introduced at LCA include non-contact, automatic temperature checking technology for rapid screening and advanced crowd monitoring technology.
Chief operating officer Alison FitzGerald said: “This is recognition of our unwavering commitment to keeping our airport Covid secure and to deliver a clean airport environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Looking ahead, we stand ready to do more.
“As soon as we receive the green light from government, we are ready to implement a testing regime on site.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved