Report gives east London GPs top marks for managing heart disease
Doctors across east London have scored top marks in the management of cardiovascular disease, according to report published recently.
The standard of care of care expected of GPs is outlined in the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) report for 2012/13 published at the end of last month by the National Institute for health and care Excellence (NICE).
It highlighted a range of areas that GPs in Tower Hamlets and Newham are excelling.
The report shows that CCGs are leading the UK in a range of areas as well as out-performing the large private health companies that provide much of the USA’s health services. It is a huge achievement for the GPs in Newham and Tower Hamlets to out-perform the large and high-funded US private health providers.
The report shows that:
You may also want to watch:
GPs in Tower Hamlets were:
* the top performers in England for the management of blood pressure and cholesterol in people with diabetes and coronary heart disease;
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 7 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
* in the top 10 in England for chronic kidney disease and hypertension;
* first in London for blood pressure control in chronic kidney disease.
GPs in Newham were:
* in second place in London for cholesterol and blood pressure control in coronary heart disease, stroke and diabetes;
* in second place in London for blood pressure control in chronic kidney disease.
Dr Zuhair Zarifa, Chair of Newham CCG and a GP, said: “These results are good news for the people of Newham. They can be reassured by the high level of success in the services relating to cardiovascular disease.
“Newham GPs alongside those in Tower Hamlets are leading the way on blood pressure management for those with long-term conditions. This is excellent news for people in east London”
Dr Sam Everington, Chair of Tower Hamlets CCG and a GP, said: “We’re delighted to see the success of GPs results in Tower Hamlets. It shows the level of commitment our doctors have for the care of their patients. Tower Hamlets GPs are leading the way in managing blood pressure for people with a range of health conditions.
“These results are excellent news for local people with long-term health conditions in in the borough and we’re confident of further future success.”