Public meeting in East Ham will discuss threats to NHS
A public meeting will be held at East Ham Town Hall on October 30 to discuss threats to the NHS.
It has been called by Newham Save our NHS and will be joined by East Ham MP Stephen Timms and Dr John Lister of London Health Emergency as well as speakers from Whipps Cross and GPs from the area.
Newham Save Our NHS is a group of residents, doctors and other NHS staff who are concerned about threats to the NHS.
They believe the government’s policies have forced Barts Health NHS Trust into debt and that local services will disappear or worsen as vacancies are left unfilled and jobs lost.
Dr Ron Singer, retired GP and an organiser of the meeting said: “We know that the new hospital in Whitechapel will cost more than £129 million a year and that the biggest trust in the UK, Barts Health, is already in debt to the tune of £78 million. All this money will have to come from an already decreasing health budget for Newham, Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets. This is a very difficult and serious situation for all residents and staff.”
You may also want to watch:
The East Ham meeting, which will start at 7.30pm, at East Ham Town Hall in High Street South, will also be addressed by staff from Whipps Cross where there have already been a number of protests and demonstrations and local GPs. Newham Clinical Commissioning Group have been asked to send a speaker.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 7 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip