Newham homeless charities receive hand sanitiser donation from West Ham sponsor
- Credit: Griffiths Photographers
Three charities providing accommodation for homeless people in Newham have received donations of hand sanitiser thanks to a West Ham United club sponsor.
NicheSolutions, which sponsors the football club’s women’s team, donated a 120 litres of hand sanitiser for the West Ham United Foundation to give to its community partners.
The donation has been shared equally by Caritas Anchor House and Just Homes in Canning Town and the Renewal Programme in Manor Park – charities which are the council-contracted homelessness hostel providers in Newham.
Women’s team managing director Jack Sullivan said: “Since the lockdown came into place, the club and its partners have been hugely proactive in supporting the most vulnerable in our community.
“From the Hammers at Home initiative, which is providing much needed daily entertainment and motivation for young fans, to donations of food and essential supplies to the likes of Romford Salvation Army and several Newham homelessness charities, these contributions are already making a huge difference.
You may also want to watch:
“It is great to see the club and its partners, like NicheSolutions, continuing to build on these initiatives and coming together in a time when compassion and generosity are indispensable.”
NicheSolutions managing director Paul Calcott added: “As a proud sponsor of West Ham United Women, it was a pleasure to help out vulnerable members of the community with a donation of hand sanitiser.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 3 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 4 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
“Now we’re hoping to raise a smile in these difficult times by giving away a West Ham United shirt signed by the whole first team.”
Visit NicheSolutionsGB.co.uk/news to enter the draw for free.