NHS trust which supports Newham patients rated ‘Outstanding’
- Credit: ELFT
A hospital trust which supports people in the borough has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by an independent health watchdog.
East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT), which provides mental health and community services in Newham, is the only mental health and community health trust in London and the East of England to be given the top rating.
Inspectors from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) visited 86 services during an extensive two-week assessment in June, speaking to over 300 patients, 52 carers and over 700 employees.
The Trust’s Chief Executive, Dr Navina Evans, thanked her staff and said she was “so proud” of them.
She said: “I am absolutely delighted that their passion and talents have been recognised by this fantastic achievement.
You may also want to watch:
We have worked very hard to ensure we provide a high standard of care and we continuously review what we do to learn to do it better.
“We have a long way to go and this will spur us on.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
The assessment team praised the leadership and diversity of the trust, as well as the high level of care and passion from staff towards their patients.
ELFT provides services to a population of 820,000 in East London. It also serves populations in Luton and Bedfordshire.