NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- Credit: PA
NHS Nightingale London is taking patients who have tested negative for Covid-19.
The makeshift centre in Western Gateway, Royal Docks, is now being used for community rehab for patients who require an assessment or support before they leave hospital.
But visitors won't be allowed except in exceptional circumstances. However, patients should get access to iPads for virtual visits with loved ones.
The focus on rehab differs to the care provided at the hospital during the first phase of the pandemic when patients with Covid-19 were admitted.
The Nightingale team includes nurses, physio-therapists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, social workers and GPs.
The care at NHS Nightingale, which is doubling up as a vaccination centre, is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You may also want to watch:
The ExCeL was converted into a hospital with 4,000 intensive care beds in April.
It was run by Barts Health NHS Trust, which manages Whipps Cross, the Royal London and St Bartholomew’s hospitals.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
However, the facility is now being run by NELFT NHS Foundation Trust which serves Barking and Dagenham, Barnet, Havering, Redbridge, Waltham Forest and parts of Essex.