Newham University Hospital unveils state-of-the-art MRI scanner
- Credit: Barts Health
Patients at Newham University Hospital are benefiting from a new state-of-the-art MRI scanner.
The machine offers higher quality images, allowing staff to make an easier diagnosis.
It will also reduce waiting times at the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital and will mean that patients with certain conditions will no longer have to travel to another hospital to have a scan.
Udesha Davids, site imaging lead at Newham University Hospital, said: “This is a huge investment in Newham.
“The scanner is the best on the market, offering the latest technology and best quality scans which is absolutely fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what we’d want for our family and it’s what we want for our patients. We wanted the best and we’ve got the best.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 4 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 5 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week