Newham University Hospital unveils state-of-the-art MRI scanner
- Credit: Barts Health
Patients at Newham University Hospital are benefiting from a new state-of-the-art MRI scanner.
The machine offers higher quality images, allowing staff to make an easier diagnosis.
It will also reduce waiting times at the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital and will mean that patients with certain conditions will no longer have to travel to another hospital to have a scan.
Udesha Davids, site imaging lead at Newham University Hospital, said: “This is a huge investment in Newham.
“The scanner is the best on the market, offering the latest technology and best quality scans which is absolutely fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what we’d want for our family and it’s what we want for our patients. We wanted the best and we’ve got the best.”
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 4 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 5 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing