Newham University Hospital unveils state-of-the-art MRI scanner
- Credit: Barts Health
Patients at Newham University Hospital are benefiting from a new state-of-the-art MRI scanner.
The machine offers higher quality images, allowing staff to make an easier diagnosis.
It will also reduce waiting times at the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital and will mean that patients with certain conditions will no longer have to travel to another hospital to have a scan.
Udesha Davids, site imaging lead at Newham University Hospital, said: “This is a huge investment in Newham.
“The scanner is the best on the market, offering the latest technology and best quality scans which is absolutely fantastic.
“It’s what we’d want for our family and it’s what we want for our patients. We wanted the best and we’ve got the best.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 10 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'