Newham University Hospital unveils state-of-the-art MRI scanner
- Credit: Barts Health
Patients at Newham University Hospital are benefiting from a new state-of-the-art MRI scanner.
The machine offers higher quality images, allowing staff to make an easier diagnosis.
It will also reduce waiting times at the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital and will mean that patients with certain conditions will no longer have to travel to another hospital to have a scan.
Udesha Davids, site imaging lead at Newham University Hospital, said: “This is a huge investment in Newham.
“The scanner is the best on the market, offering the latest technology and best quality scans which is absolutely fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what we’d want for our family and it’s what we want for our patients. We wanted the best and we’ve got the best.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections