Newham University Hospital hosts community open day
- Credit: Archant
Newham University Hospital is opening its doors to the community.
The open day runs from 10.30am until 4pm on Wednesday, September 18 and will provide an opportunity for people to find about about the services the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital offers and to see it in action.
Staff will be in a marquee put up in front of the hospital's west wing to speak about the work they do in helping sick and injured people.
Barts Health NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, has also invited community groups and organisations from across the borough to attend and hold their own stalls.
The day, which is free to attend, will also feature entertainment and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: "We hope it will be an informative and interactive day for Newham University Hospital's staff, patients and supporters."
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House