Newham University Hospital hosts community open day
- Credit: Archant
Newham University Hospital is opening its doors to the community.
The open day runs from 10.30am until 4pm on Wednesday, September 18 and will provide an opportunity for people to find about about the services the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital offers and to see it in action.
Staff will be in a marquee put up in front of the hospital's west wing to speak about the work they do in helping sick and injured people.
Barts Health NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, has also invited community groups and organisations from across the borough to attend and hold their own stalls.
The day, which is free to attend, will also feature entertainment and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: "We hope it will be an informative and interactive day for Newham University Hospital's staff, patients and supporters."
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans