Newham University Hospital hosts community open day
- Credit: Archant
Newham University Hospital is opening its doors to the community.
The open day runs from 10.30am until 4pm on Wednesday, September 18 and will provide an opportunity for people to find about about the services the Glen Road, Plaistow hospital offers and to see it in action.
Staff will be in a marquee put up in front of the hospital's west wing to speak about the work they do in helping sick and injured people.
Barts Health NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, has also invited community groups and organisations from across the borough to attend and hold their own stalls.
The day, which is free to attend, will also feature entertainment and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: "We hope it will be an informative and interactive day for Newham University Hospital's staff, patients and supporters."
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley