Newham’s GPs remind people to stock up medicine cabinets ahead of bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s GPs are urging people not to use health services unnecessarily over the bank holiday weekend.
For minor ailments like hayfever, sunburn and coughs, they’re advising visiting the local pharmacy, and making sure medicine cabinets are stocked up.
For those with long-term illnesses, people are reminded to stock up on prescriptions before the weekend hits.
Dr Muhammad Naqvi, deputy chair of Newham’s Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “Nobody wants to worry about their healthcare over the bank holiday weekend, so a few simple preparations beforehand can help ensure you are able to relax and enjoy the break.
“Just spend a few moments thinking about your NHS healthcare options so that you know exactly where to go for help and advice if you do become ill or injured. Choosing the right service not only means you receive the treatment you require, but also helps reduce pressure on urgent care teams, allowing them to focus on those who need them.”
You may also want to watch:
Call the NHS 111 service if you need medical advice quickly and your local surgery is closed, and contact the Newham Talking Therapies Service on 0208 475 8080 for mental health support. Call 999 for emergencies only.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 6 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 7 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 8 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe