Newham residents’ ideas wanted to help with autism services
Residents are invited to share their ideas with Newham Council to help it improve services and support for people with autism.
Newham, along with all local authorities, must develop an action plan that will raise awareness of the condition and shape future services for people with autism and their families and carers.
It has set up a steering group that includes healthcare professionals and providers, the Metropolitan Police Service and representatives of the Newham branch of the National Autistic Society, to help make existing service provision work better.
The group are holding a consultation event from 10.30am to 3pm on Monday January 28 at St Mark’s Centre in Tollgate Road, Beckton, to promote services and gather feedback.
Councillor Clive Furness, Newham’s executive member for health, said: “It is important to ensure that a good level of advice and support is available to people with autism and their family and carers.
You may also want to watch:
“This event is about developing an action plan that will shape Newham’s autism service. We want residents to share their views and ideas with us. It is important that we listen to what people want so we can continue to develop and improve this essential service.”
A representative from the National Autistic Society will be at the event, which will include workshops and a question and answer session.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 7 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 8 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 9 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
For more information and to confirm your attendance contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3373 8563.