Newham midwifery team wins award
A midwifery team from Newham has won an award from the All-Party Parliamentary Group for a scheme that focuses on expectant fathers.
The Early Intervention Service Midwifery Team at Newham University Hospital won the ‘Most Inclusive Maternity Service for New Fathers and Mothers’ award from the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Maternity for their Dadi Day (Dads Are Doing It) scheme.
The awards were presented in the Members Dining Room of the Houses of Parliament by Rt Hon Andrew Lansley MP, Secretary of State for Health.
Jo Davis-White, Manager, Early Intervention Services Midwifery Team Manager, said: “We are so pleased to have won this prestigious award. We know from the reaction of the expectant dads that they get so much out of the day and it feels so good to have the service recognised. Our wish would be that all expectant dads have the opportunity to meet other local fathers, have a fun interactive learning experience together, and leave with a positive feeling about the approaching birth and their forthcoming role.”
Dadi Day (Dads Are Doing It) is a practical and interactive workshop for expectant fathers. It gives the fathers room to learn, communicate, network and practice in a non-judgemental atmosphere. It focuses attention on the dads so they feel as special and important as mothers are traditionally encouraged to feel.
You may also want to watch:
Heather Noble, Clinical Director for Women’s Services at Newham University Hospital, said: “This is fabulous news for the Trust and for those choosing to come to Newham to give birth. We are dedicated to ensuring that women choosing to give birth here and their families have a positive experience and hosting the Dadi Day scheme is one example of where we are demonstrating this dedication.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0