Newham meetings to get public views about mental health services
Newham residents are being urged to share their views on the future direction of mental health services in their area.
A series of meetings are being held throughout December organised by NHS Newham Clinical Commissioning Group and Newham Council.
Carers of people who use mental health services can attend a meeting on December 13 from 2pm to 4pm at St John’s Church, Broadway, Stratford,
There will also be an open meeting on December 19 from 2pm to 4pm at Beckton Community Centre, 14 East Ham Manor Way, East Ham.
Feedback from these focus groups will be used to inform a five year strategy to develop local mental health services and to ensure that all residents of the borough have access to the best possible care.
Dr Zuhair Zarifa, Chair of NHS Newham CCG and a local GP said: “These focus groups are a chance for residents, service users and carers to have their say and to shape the future of mental health services in Newham.
“Good, well-run mental health services are an important part of what the NHS and Newham Council want to offer local people – there is no health without mental health.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
“We’re keen to hear everyone’s views so that we can be sure we’re meeting the needs of the local community and delivering a service that provides high quality support and care to everyone.”
Space will be limited at all events so anyone wishing to attend a meeting should email Philip Cooper, Mental Health Commissioning Manager at Newham Council, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Miller, Strategic Commissioning Manager for Mental Health, at email@example.com
Anyone wishing to submit comments to the mental health review can email MHstrategy@newham.gov.uk from 1 December. The email consultation is open for six weeks.