Newham meetings to get public views about mental health services
Newham residents are being urged to share their views on the future direction of mental health services in their area.
A series of meetings are being held throughout December organised by NHS Newham Clinical Commissioning Group and Newham Council.
Carers of people who use mental health services can attend a meeting on December 13 from 2pm to 4pm at St John’s Church, Broadway, Stratford,
There will also be an open meeting on December 19 from 2pm to 4pm at Beckton Community Centre, 14 East Ham Manor Way, East Ham.
Feedback from these focus groups will be used to inform a five year strategy to develop local mental health services and to ensure that all residents of the borough have access to the best possible care.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Zuhair Zarifa, Chair of NHS Newham CCG and a local GP said: “These focus groups are a chance for residents, service users and carers to have their say and to shape the future of mental health services in Newham.
“Good, well-run mental health services are an important part of what the NHS and Newham Council want to offer local people – there is no health without mental health.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
“We’re keen to hear everyone’s views so that we can be sure we’re meeting the needs of the local community and delivering a service that provides high quality support and care to everyone.”
Space will be limited at all events so anyone wishing to attend a meeting should email Philip Cooper, Mental Health Commissioning Manager at Newham Council, at email@example.com or Susan Miller, Strategic Commissioning Manager for Mental Health, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone wishing to submit comments to the mental health review can email MHstrategy@newham.gov.uk from 1 December. The email consultation is open for six weeks.