Newham Hospital’s award for maternity unit
Newham Hospital has been presented with a special design award for its maternity facilities.
Newham’s Mayor, Sir Robin Wales, visited Newham University Hospital to present a Secured by Design award. This makes Barts Health the only Acute Trust in London to meet the safety standards needed to receive this award for their maternity facilities.
The Mayor, joined by PC Mark Jones, Crime Prevention Design Advisor (CPDA), PC Andy Whitfield, CPDA, Roger Weatherley, former CPDA who worked on the Newham project presented the award on behalf of the Metropolitan Police to Natalie Firminger, Clinical Design Project Manager for the Trust and Thomas Mills, Assistant Site Manager for Medicinq Osborne.
Sir Robin Wales said: “Congratulations to Newham University Hospital for receiving this Secured by Design award. It is a real pleasure to visit the new maternity facilities at the hospital and see first-hand the planning and consideration that has gone into providing the safest and best possible environment for Newham and east London residents now and for years to come.”
PC Mark Jones, said: “Secured By Design is a site specific award and subject to very stringent guidelines and inspection. In the current climate of financial restrictions the commitment of the Maternity and Newborn Project at the Newham University Hospital Acute Trust in its bold and pioneering decision making, has not only fulfilled that criteria, but exceeded it to establish a benchmark of excellence and should serve as a beacon for others to follow,”
You may also want to watch:
Natalie Firminger, Project Manager, said: “The security and dignity of our service users was at the heart of this building design project. We worked closely with the Metropolitan Police design team and consulted with service users throughout the development of the maternity facilities and this has helped us to create an environment that the Trust and the wider community can be proud of.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes